Monday, April 16, 2012

Things that inspire me

Every month we are going to have one week dedicated to a certain topic. This week the writers of embrace your life are sharing things that inspire us.

Growing up Cassie always loved to write. Notes, letters & in her journal. Now she has a passion for writing. She's loves Jesus. She's a wife to her high school crush & a mother to two beautiful little boys. She dreams big, loves entirely and lives life to the fullest. She believes laughter is the best medicine and embracing life is something she does with pleasure. Her blog is Live.Laugh.L0ve and she creates "pretties" in her handmade shop called ccy designs. You can see more post by Cassie here. 

Inspiration

To say that just about everything inspires me is a complete understatement. Having a creative mind and a love for writing. My inspiration is far and wide and I couldn't be more thankful for it. Sometimes when I am in an inspiration slump I do one of the following things to have inspiration spark again.

1. Going for a walk Yes, something as simple as walking inspires me. The way the leaves blow in the wind or the colors of the sunset or the way the sky looks high in the sky without a cloud in sight. The colors of the flowers or the simple way someone laughs - all inspire me. To write, to create. The way the sidewalk has a small crack in it can cause my inspiration to flourish. How did it get there? What disturbed this smooth surface? This things can have a scene in a book forming in my head.

2. Playing with my boys. Oh how easily they inspire me. Watching how they take in the world around them. How they find a simple way of building blocks so much fun. How they find the smallest thing is funny. Watching them stack blue and green blocks sparked the inspiration for my button necklaces - I love how the colors looked together and I knew I wanted to create those colors into a necklace in a unique way.

3. Talking to my husband. I love talking to my husband about shop items. Getting his input and feedback because if there is one thing I know for sure, it's he's going to be 100% honest with me. I love the way he tells me stories of what happened at work, his facial expressions and the way he acts has characters dancing around in my mind.

Those are three of the main things I do that inspire me. But there is plenty of others. People in general inspire me to write. Fashion inspires me to create. The way the wind swirls leaves around in the air or how having a crochet hook in my hand - can all bring inspiration to me. I love painting a picture with words. So i absorb the world around me. The world around me is a huge inspiration for my writing.

Tell me - what inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment